Add/remove a POP/IMAP mailbox that the helpdesk software will check
- POP3/IMAP-server hostname - server hostname or IP address
- Server port - port
- Server login - username to log in to POP3/IMAP server
- Server password - user's password
- Use SSL - if the server requires secure connection
- Category for new tickets for this account - default category for new tickets, generated from emails coming from this mailbox. This overrides the default setting.
- Test button - tests the connectivity using the values entered
The incoming email module works like this:
- The helpdesk software periodically checks a given POP/IMAP account(s)
- When an email is detected - it adds a ticket to the helpdesk (or adds a comment to an existing ticket)
and removes the message from the server (when using POP) or optionally marks it as "seen" AKA "read" (if using IMAP) - if you enable this setting.
- NOTE If one or more CC addresses are found in the incoming email, the CC-users are added to the newly created ticket (this works for NEW messages, not emails to existing tickets)
← help contents | Helpdesk website